Friday, May 4, 2012

5K Run/Walk

Despite the rainy forecast, we ended up having a wonderful, sunny, and hot afternoon for our annual 5K Run/Walk. Thank you so much to all of the families that were able to attend. It always means a lot to the kids to have someone along...even if they spring on a head of you and you don't see them until the finish line ;)

The first student to cross the finish line for each grade is given a medal. This year, the 1st place Kindergartener was Trevor! Below is a picture of all this year's first place finishers.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About The Teacher

My name is Heather Horton. This is my 5th year teaching at LaFarge Public Schools. I taught two years of Four-Year-Old Kindergarten & Early Childhood Special Education, followed by two years teaching Kindergarten. I am married and have a gorgeous little girl, who will turn two in January. We are expecting our second child at the end of September. I live next door to my parents, about forty minutes from LaFarge. The long commute is totally worth it! Not only do I get to see my family whenever I want, I also get to teach in a wonderful, supportive community with amazing children, families & co-workers!