Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tricky Little Leprechauns!

Since St. Patrick's Day will be during our Spring Break (which I hope you all enjoy!) we celebrated a day early!  Many of us remembered to wear some green today.

We talked about the old Irish Folk Tale that says if you catch a Leprechaun you get to keep his gold. Then each child wrote in his/her journal about how he/she would catch a leprechaun.  Then they drew a picture of their traps!

Later, while we were at recess, we had a VERY sneaky Leprechaun visit our classroom!  He left us this note, some St. Patrick's Day Stickers and a little surprise in our classroom bathroom. (You should have seen their faces!)




He also switch around many of the children's seats left lots of his "gold" (glitter) on our tables!  We were lucky that he was not as messy in our room as he was in the 4K room!  He also visited the 1st Grade and Pre-school classrooms.  You can see what he did to the pre-school class by clicking here to visit Ms. Kundert's blog.  

Some of the kids took the Leprechaun traps SO seriously, they told me they will build a trap to catch a leprechaun at home to bring to school on Monday!  If you catch one, we would love to see him ;)
  Have a happy St. Patrick's Day and a wonderful Spring Break!

No comments:

Post a Comment


About The Teacher

My name is Heather Horton. This is my 5th year teaching at LaFarge Public Schools. I taught two years of Four-Year-Old Kindergarten & Early Childhood Special Education, followed by two years teaching Kindergarten. I am married and have a gorgeous little girl, who will turn two in January. We are expecting our second child at the end of September. I live next door to my parents, about forty minutes from LaFarge. The long commute is totally worth it! Not only do I get to see my family whenever I want, I also get to teach in a wonderful, supportive community with amazing children, families & co-workers!