Wednesday, December 14, 2011

I hope Santa brings me...

Today, Kindergartners wrote in their journals about what they hope to get from Santa.  I wrote the words "I hope Santa brings me..." for them to copy.  We are working on sounding out our own words and writing sentences.  They had to start with a capital letter, end with a period, and complete the sentence with their own words.  Mrs. Muller and I helped them with the correct spelling AFTER they had tried it on their own.  Below is  a list of what they asked for and a few pictures of their work!

Ryan : A big army truck
Ashlee:  some make-up and Barbies
Gage: a Star Wars board game and a snowball fight
Edgar: a toy car
Gabe:  a robot
Gracie:  100 Barbies
Trevor:  Batman
Kindale:  10 Babies
Aaron: a Reindeer Bell from Rudolph
Emma:  a new lunch box
Emily:  a new doll
Owen:  Megatron and Optimus fighting and a Transformer game
Hunter: a Mario game
Kylynn:  a Barbie
Gavin: Dominoes and a dirt bike
Aydan:  a monster truck and a Spiderman
Kirsten:  a Barbie, a baby doll, a house and some make-up
Evan: a Zombie Brain
Kaidren:  just a little baby
Serentiy: was absent
Angie:  was absent

Kirsten's Journal



Emma's Journal




Gage had time for 2 pages today!



Trevor's Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment


About The Teacher

My name is Heather Horton. This is my 5th year teaching at LaFarge Public Schools. I taught two years of Four-Year-Old Kindergarten & Early Childhood Special Education, followed by two years teaching Kindergarten. I am married and have a gorgeous little girl, who will turn two in January. We are expecting our second child at the end of September. I live next door to my parents, about forty minutes from LaFarge. The long commute is totally worth it! Not only do I get to see my family whenever I want, I also get to teach in a wonderful, supportive community with amazing children, families & co-workers!