Thursday, September 15, 2011

Vernon County Fair & La Farge Elementary



PROMISE CENTER FAIR BOOTH

Ms. Gustafson, Ms. Kundert, & I spent Tuesday afternoon decorating a booth at the Vernon County Fair to showcase the wonderful & unique things going on in our small school.  You should stop by the Education Building at the fair to see pictures and artwork done by students in the Promsie Center both this year and last year!

Here is a sneak-peak :)



NICK'S KID SHOW

Each year, the Vernon County Fair pays for "Nick's Kid Show" to visit area schools.  This year it was our turn.  Nick and his friend, Harry, visited La Farge Elementary Thursday morning!  Nick & Harry put on a VERY energetic and entertaining show that had both children and staff moving, laughing and singing along.  Below are a few photos from the performance.  You and your family can check out more of Nick's performances at the Vernon County Fair! Visit http://www.vernoncountyfair.com to see what times Nick will be performing each day.  



 Ashlee Miller (below) was the lucky Kindergarten volunteer!



No comments:

Post a Comment


About The Teacher

My name is Heather Horton. This is my 5th year teaching at LaFarge Public Schools. I taught two years of Four-Year-Old Kindergarten & Early Childhood Special Education, followed by two years teaching Kindergarten. I am married and have a gorgeous little girl, who will turn two in January. We are expecting our second child at the end of September. I live next door to my parents, about forty minutes from LaFarge. The long commute is totally worth it! Not only do I get to see my family whenever I want, I also get to teach in a wonderful, supportive community with amazing children, families & co-workers!