Monday, September 5, 2011

ABC's & 123's

READING 

In Kindergarten through 2nd Grade, LaFarge uses the Superkids Reading Program designed by the Rowland Reading Foundation to teach Reading, Writing, and Spelling.  This program features an excellent online component for both teachers and families.

Visit http://www.superkidsreading.org/   or click on the Superkids link in the "Links for Parents" section to the right to learn more about this amazing program.  

The "Parent Portal" contains many tips and resources for you to use at home and will eventually allow your child to access the Superkids Online Games from home!  

Click here for a letter explaining the "Parent Portal" on the Superkids Website.  Before you can access the "Parent Portal" on the site, I will have to add you to our class roster using your e-mail address.  I will be sending this letter home soon.  But, if you would like to get started exploring the Superkids website now, print the letter, fill out the bottom and return to school in your child's FISH Folder.  

MATH

Kindergarten will be using Saxon Math from Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishers this year.  There is also a website for this program.  There are online activities students can access at home on this site, as well!  
Visit http://saxonpublishers.hmhco.com/en/sxnm_primary.htm or click the "Saxon Math" link in the "Links for Parents" section to the right.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


About The Teacher

My name is Heather Horton. This is my 5th year teaching at LaFarge Public Schools. I taught two years of Four-Year-Old Kindergarten & Early Childhood Special Education, followed by two years teaching Kindergarten. I am married and have a gorgeous little girl, who will turn two in January. We are expecting our second child at the end of September. I live next door to my parents, about forty minutes from LaFarge. The long commute is totally worth it! Not only do I get to see my family whenever I want, I also get to teach in a wonderful, supportive community with amazing children, families & co-workers!